DescriptionThe Senior Finance Professional analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Senior Finance Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Finance Professional collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. Mya involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years experience in finance/accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and Access, and multi-dimensional databases
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytic skills with attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Previous health insurance industry experience
- Experience with SAS or other relational databases
- Assist in development of DH&A org structure (e.g., Pod, departments, etc.).
- Assist in determining appropriate allocation methodology for DH&A.
- Provide strategic FP&A Finance support – Working with HR to understand and support DH&A hiring plan and incremental org investment
- Build relationships with DH&A leaders
- Provide tactical FP&A Finance support to department leaders
- Create and maintain staffing models
- Capex calculations & management; partner closely with IT. Clarity responsibilities for organization
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Manage monthly BvA reporting and analysis - establish routine reporting process, oversee month-end close responsibilities (e.g., journal entries, general ledger research and cost analysis), generate meaningful business insights.
- Vendor management/Accounts Payable research, invoicing for external business i.e., The Edge
- Ad hoc Financial reporting, ie CBAs, ROI calculations, etc
Scheduled Weekly Hours40