DescriptionThe Senior Finance Professional analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Senior Finance Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Provide financial insights and make recommendations to support business decisions and develop effective strategies, with an overriding goal to create value for the company.
- Work in a consultative role with various departments in creating effective reporting and analyses in order to improve processes, create efficiencies and proactively provide business partners data/metrics/cost information to identify and influence areas of financial / operational improvement.
- Lead the month end close process including preparation/review of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and reporting actual versus budget and forecasts.
- Collaborate with business partners in developing methods and criteria for measuring/summarizing financial data and preparing valuable analysis in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain and review various system reconciliations between source systems and financial and operational reporting processes.
- Support special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships.
- Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and management within Finance and Medicare Service Operations.
- Lead the forecast process including the development and maintenance of analytical tools to forecast and evaluate financial/operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Experience with budgeting, modeling, and financial analysis with the ability to support business operations partners.
- Strong analytical skills to support business operations through key performance indicators and market trends.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with proficiency in Excel, a focus on financial modeling and the advanced use of spreadsheets.
- Ability to influence and affect business outcomes.
- Strong written and oral communication to effectively discuss financial data and related analysis.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be able to present information to a variety of audiences at a high level
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Proficiency in Oracle and/or Hyperion Essbase
Scheduled Weekly Hours40