DescriptionThe Senior Finance Professional analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Senior Finance Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking a Senior Finance Professional to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team, supporting corporate areas, primarily legal. Successful candidates will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions.
- Provide financial insights and make recommendations to support business decisions and develop effective strategies, with an overriding goal to create value for the company.
- Work in a consultative role with various leaders in ensuring effective reporting and analyses in order to improve processes, create efficiencies and proactively provide business partners data/metrics/cost information to identify and influence areas of financial improvement.
- Lead the month end close process including review of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and reporting actual versus budget and forecasts.
- Foster and maintain working relationships with peers and management within Finance and other areas of support.
- Lead the forecast and budgeting process including tracking and effectively summarizing all headwinds/tailwinds as well as maintenance of analytical tools used to forecast and evaluate financial/operational effectiveness.
- Preparing monthly financial reviews and summary level communications for senior leadership.
- Support special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years experience in finance/accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and Access, SQL, and multi-dimensional databases
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytic skills with attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Previous health insurance industry experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40