DescriptionThe Senior Finance Professional analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Senior Finance Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Finance Professional collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. Mya involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
· Assisting with maintaining the monthly Bid Contingency Tracking by connecting full year forecast to next year pricing including plans to mitigate issues to ensure out year budgets will align to long term plan margin targets. This will include preparing schedules for upper management and gaining a solid understanding of Medicare Advantage individuals financials and bid processes.
· Maintaining the Long Term Plans for all non-Medicaid Retail lines of business and ensuring bid targets set for Medicare Advantage individuals is in line with our long-term plan. Also, update the Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance system by the required LTP due dates.
· Assist with preparing the Financial Forecasting involving the development of monthly full year forecast for Medicare Advantage individuals
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years experience in finance/accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and Access, SQL, and multi-dimensional databases
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytic skills with attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Previous health insurance industry experience
- Experience with SAS or other relational databases
Scheduled Weekly Hours40