As a global organization that’s making a difference in the lives of millions of people, UnitedHealth Group is used to challenge on a scale like no place else. Go on, reach deep into your skillset and join us to do your life’s best work.(sm)The Senior Financial Analyst II is a key member of the Optum Finance Department and is responsible for financial support to multiple areas of the organization. This position regularly provides in-depth financial analyses, prepares & distributes financial reporting and generates the financial plan for the budgetary & forecasting processes. (revenue, margin & operating expense) Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Develops and produces clear, well-formatted financial reports that communicate a compelling message to stakeholders.
- Create financial models to guide decision-making for ad-hoc action-items by clearly illustrating impacts
- In addition to owning these reports, the analyst is expected to collaborate across the organization and across functions to provide financial guidance.
- The position regularly interfaces with all layers of individuals in our partner organizations, including senior leadership.
- Serve as liaison and a subject matter expert to our business partners
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or related work experience
- 3+ years of financial and operational management experience
- Intermediate level of experience with MS Excel (Pivot Tables & V-Lookups)
- Working knowledge of GAAP
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.