Analyst - Sr. Financial 1 is responsible providing support to the reimbursement and treasury functions. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
To support the reimbursement function, this position will participate in the following activities:
- Preparation of Medicare and other Third-Party cost reports
- Preparation of any other rereporting required by Medicare, Medicaid or other governmental agency
- All reporting is in compliance with Hospital policies and applicable rules and regulations
- Preparation of workpapers required for cost reports and other reimbursement reporting
- Preparation of financial and statistical analysis
- Prepare journal entries as needed and perform account reconciliaitons
- Prepares impact analysis of reimbursement changes
- Assist departments in resolving and addressing reimbursement issues
To support the Treasury function, this position will participate in the following activities
- Cash forecasting and cash budgeting
- Cash transactions (approving wire transfers, approving other cash transactions)
- Management and coordination of merchant card program(s), including appropriate internal controls
- PCI compliance
- Assist in insurance management (exluding medical liability)
- Monitoring and control of petty cash
- Bond compliance
Provides support to associates, department directors/managers. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance or related field
Master's degree Accounting or related field (Masters in Accountancy or MBA)
At least six years of relevant accounting experience required.
6 to 10 years of relevant accounting experience, health care accounting strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS
CPA or related certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the public.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Must be an advanced Excel user.