The Senior Financial Analyst, Industry Relations supports the financial oversight of client contract management through financial and network price modeling, forecasting and analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst, Industry Relations conducts and oversees various analysis in support of financial contract terms with Optum clients based upon drug utilization and trends. Responsibilities also include; managing complex financial models around drug utilization and trend, establishing ongoing price targets, performance reporting, and associated financial reporting and forecasting.
- Data mining and analysis related to drug utilization associated with various type of plans: Employer, Labor, Health Plans, etc.
- Provide detailed analyses at both the client and book of business levels identifying risk and opportunity to Industry Relations Management
- Provide ad hoc consultative analyses to internal and external clients
- Works closely with Industry Relations management to prioritize internal and external analyses
- Analyze cost trend driven by client utilization patterns and industry dynamics
- Forecasting client financial performance for budgetary needs
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Advanced Analytical experience
- Experience with data mining and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Database experience (SQL, SAS, Access or similar)
- PBM or healthcare experience
- 5+ years of analytical experience
Preferred Qualifications:Undergraduate degree Ability to communicate and present information to internal and external customers Demonstrated ability to work productively and proactively in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment Team player and strong ability to work with other disciplines across companies Able to work independently to achieve overall departmental goals Self-starter, demonstrated ability to structure own work, design and drive projects from their inception through to completion Strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp complex issues
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analysis, financial management, financial management, data mining, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Schaumburg IL, Cypress CA, Illinois, California