Initiates and implements complex financial analysis projects for management of various Strategic Business Units (SBU’s). Interacts with a broad cross section of internal groups, business units, and external business partners. May be assigned analysis of monthly financial results, the overall business planning process, general internal financial analysis of various business lines, developing financial models, developing performance metrics, and/or developing organization-wide accounting policies. Work with department leadership in identifying and analyzing process reengineering opportunities. Provides training and guidance to less experience Financial Analysts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) to prepare, monitor, and analyze monthly reports. Conducts complex spreadsheet analysis and prepares various reports utilizing financial database systems.
- Execute various company-wide financial processes such as forecasting, business planning, or development of accounting policies.
- Conduct the general internal financial analysis of various business lines. Builds complex financial models that represent new products, services, or lines of business.
- Assist management in developing performance measurement metrics and measuring and analyzing company performance against such metrics.
- Prepare and participate in presentation of findings to senior management, including basis for recommendations.
- May assist the auditors in their quarterly, year-end, planning and other visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field –OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA,CFA or CMA designation preferred
- A minimum of five years experience performing sophisticated financial analysis of businesses or business divisions.
- Experience providing leadership and direction related to financial analysis and planning.
- Working knowledge of financial and general accounting principles.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify underlying causes of business issues and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet modeling and Microsoft software.
- Ability to navigate the internet.