If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Financial Consultant, you'll work with a team of finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- Oversee enterprise and corporate department capital processes and drive improvements
- Chair Corporate Capital Committee, effectively engaging senior leadership committee members and functional area project teams
- Collaborate with segment finance & capital teams
- Lead and assist month end, quarter end, budgeting & forecasting processes
- Drive operating expense initiatives & improvements
- Assist in identifying, measuring and tracking capital investment benefits
- Additional strategic and ad hoc project support
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent
- 4+ years of progressive experience in finance and/or accounting
- Expert level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in with capital reporting and cost accounting
- Hyperion Essbase and Peoplesoft experience
- Experience developing and mentoring staff
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Consultant, finance, accounting, financial, analyst, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota