Assist with administration and oversight of accounting processes related to the Texas Roadhouse G&A functions.
The G&A Accountant/Senior Accountant is responsible for…
• Assist with monthly close process specific to G&A Accounting
• Lead and administer annual G&A budgeting process and ongoing monthly review of budget vs actual consisting of approximately 120 cost centers split between departments and MKPs.
• Assist with event reconciliations for Support Center departments
• Review and post G&A AP batches
• Prepare G&A related journal entries
• Assist with review and posting of G&A related journal entries
• Monthly analysis and review of prepaids, rebates and standing accruals
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations as well as assist with the review and approval of G&A related balance sheet reconciliations completed by other team members
• Complete monthly, quarterly and annual analyses specific to G&A in the following areas:
o Income statement fluctuation analysis
o Departmental P&L and GL review
o MKP P&L reporting and analysis
• Responsible for understanding monthly G&A reporting process and ensuring complete and accurate report generation
• Fulfill audit requests from both internal and external auditors
• Assist with oversight and completion of annual review of the following:
o controls and process narratives
o disaster recovery plans
• Assist with administration, development and support related to G&A AP associates
• Heading and/or involvement with special projects as needed, including but not limited to continuous improvement of processes, leveraging technology where applicable
• Maintaining open lines of communication and strong relationships with all levels of the organization
• Ability to exhibit an even temperament under stress and while facing time-sensitive, competing, or overlapping priorities.
• Maintain confidentiality of nonpublic information (Insider)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (consideration will be given to four-year degree in other area of study with compensating experience)
Experience: Two to five years accounting experience required, one to two years management experience preferred
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience and Hyperion a plus
This job description includes essential functions and basic duties and is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. This document is not a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.