UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) The Graph Database Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, creating, implementing Big Data infrastructure, designing data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, Installs, upgrades, and testing complex big data deployments. Watch this video to learn more about Optum Technology Careers Primary Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all phases of project software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, database design, physical data modeling, process flow analysis, development, benchmark analysis, performance/tuning, capacity planning, and production implementation.
- Create Graph models for advanced healthcare concepts for solving business problems.
- Leverage the big data and ML technologies to identify and visualize te deep relationship in the data.
- Integration of new capabilities into existing systems.
- The technology Stack will be the following but not limited to
- Graph DB technologies (ex., Neo4j, DataStax, OrientDB, Infinite, Oracle Spatial & Graph)
- Apache Hadoop, Elastic Search, Scala, Java Stack, GraphX
- Machine Learning (Python, R, Spark, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years proven experience in Graph databases to traverse networks and identify deep relationships
- Extensive database experience
- Track record of delivering production-quality software for enterprise environments
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB, and Cassandra)
- Experience in Hadoop, Elastic Search, Machine Learning technology stack (Python, R, Spark, etc...)
- Experience with database replication and scaling
- Experience designing, installing, and maintaining highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
- Spark, Scala, HBase, Map Reduce, Hive, SQL, PIG, Python
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: engineer, software engineer, Graph DB technologies , Neo4j, DataStax, OrientDB, Infinite, Oracle Spatial, Graph, Apache Hadoop, Elastic Search, Scala, Java Stack, GraphX, Machine Learning, Python, R, Spark, Graph database, database, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, database replication, database scaling, performance tuning, HBase, Map Reduce, Hive, SQL, PIG, CI/CD, Jenkins, Minnesota, Minnetonka