Bed Bath & Beyond's Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence group is responsible for providing actionable insights into various aspects of the business to drive value and support improvements within the business. DW and BI group focus areas include Merchandising, Supply Chain, eComm, Customer Analytics, Finance and many others.
- Create complex technical solutions and design utilizing modern Big data technologies and architectures.
- Design and implement Cloud based solutions for Data processing, data marts, Reporting and Analytics
- Participate in collaborative software development and implementation of the new Enterprise Data Lake on Hortonworks HDP and HDF distributions
- Build various Data Ingestion methods and data processing pipelines
- Be versed in, Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, Amazon Web Services, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies.
- Deep product knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS.
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems. Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
- Kafka/Kinesis/Spark streaming platform to build API’s utilizing real-time data pipelines
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (using tools like Glue, Sqoop or other vendor products like Talend, Unifi or StreamSets)
- Ensure conceptual and architectural integrity of the platform
- Design and implement complex big data solutions
- Develops application and custom integration solution using spark streaming and Hive
- Apply deep learning capability to improve understanding of user behavior and data
- Full life cycle experience in Data Integration, Data Warehousing, and Data lake
- Expert understanding of the ETL/ELT and architectural principles of data integration and data warehousing
- Works with on/off shore teams to insure ‘best practice’ standards and process
- Deliver solutions for using an Agile Development model.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Candidate should possess 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Candidate should possess 5+ years of Data Warehousing experience
- 5+ years of work experience in Big data Environment (Hortonworks)
- 3+ years of work experience on Cloud based solutions (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
- Expert understanding of MPP (Teradata, Netezza) and or large SMP environments
- Experience in Hadoop related technologies is a must (HDFS, MapReduce, HBase and Hive)
- Big data background with experience Designing and implementing large scale systems
- Hadoop based ETL ( Extract Transform Load ) tools such as Pentaho or Talend and NoSQL environments such as MongoDB
- Hands-on expertise in Java/Scala, Pig, Hive.
- Working experience with Hadoop, Pub/Sub messaging (Kafka), Streaming processing (Storm, Nifi, Spark Streaming etc.), ETL processing with tools such as Ab Initio, Talend
- Candidate should possess technical expertise in application integration (Real Time, Data Streams, and XML etc...)
- History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
- Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a large organization across multiple teams
- Demonstrated competency in all phases of software development
- Solid understanding of data modeling and design considerations for analytical systems
- Should have significant experience in consuming data from third party Data API’s
- Knowledge of relational database techniques. data warehouse concepts and architecture
- Experience working in Unix environment and a scripting language - shell / python
- Advanced SQL capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills and proactive attitude
- Certification on Hortonworks Data Platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.