The Stars Data Analytics Team works within Medicare and Retirement Finance to deliver predictive modeling of CMS quality ratings (stars), comparative effectiveness studies, and strategy recommendations to regional and executive leadership. This senior statistician role in the area of star ratings works primarily on developing, owning, and maintaining predictions for several performance metrics, datasets, tools, models, analyses and reports including, but not limited to competitive and regional data, member level factor analysis, goal setting, and predictive modeling.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitor historical and current data trends in order to make recommendations and predictions
- Perform statistically sound modeling and analyses with application to current business needs
- Present data and analysis in a meaningful and easy to understand manner to influence and provide guidance on data driven strategic decisions
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Develop both automated and customized reports
- Provide explanations and information to others and serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Interface with non-technical cross functional teams communicating results in a meaningful/actionable way and providing input and guidance based on data and analytics
- Provide transparent, accurate, reliable, and documented monthly predictions for accountable measures
- Complete ad hoc analysis based on a wide variety of Star Rating data as needed
- Investigate, validate and asses new sources of data
- Develop new predictive models balancing statistical rigor with efficient business application
- Graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of academic and/or professional experience conducting statistical modeling
- 1+ years of SAS/SQL programming or other programming platforms experience required
- Previous CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid Service) Star Rating, Medicare, healthcare quality programs, or pay for performance experience strongly preferred
- Experience with measuring and monitoring performance metrics preferred
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.