If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Healthcare Economic Analyst will monitor client deliverables to ensure that we are continuing to meet contractual SLAs from the client. This position will also assist in optimizing programs and processes that will gain a quicker turnaround time. This position is primarily focused on Production Processing for client reporting.
- Interpret and analyze claims, membership, and provider data in support of risk and quality initiatives
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, and client reporting
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a corporate setting
- Proficiency in performing data analytics
- Some exposure to SQL, SAS, and/or other statistical programs
- At least a beginner level of proficiency with MS Access
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel
- Healthcare experience
- Intermediate level proficiency in SQL, SAS, and/or other statistical programs
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: healthcare, economic, analyst, analytics, Santa Ana, CA, California