The Senior Healthcare Economic Analyst is responsible for various activities related to the provider network which may include any or all of the following: quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare data, database maintenance, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses. The Senior Healthcare Economic Analyst identifies potential areas for review and provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. In this position you will complete quarterly updates, forecast and implement future updates to various reimbursement methodologies. Other responsibilities include conducting audits, providing feedback to reduce errors and improve processes. Here’s an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this analytical role, you’ll ensure that healthcare contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Manage, review and complete submissions for quarterly updates
- Review work and recommend improvements
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You’ll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It’s challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
- Undergraduate degree or 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- Intermediate level proficiency or higher experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in tracking, trending and reporting on analyses
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That’s the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economic, medical coding, tracking, reporting, analysis