The Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst is responsible for the C & S Florida market with scope covering medical cost trends, affordability valuation, identification of affordability opportunities, analysis of clinical programs, and any analytics needed to support health plan leadership. The will assist Medical Economics Consultants to provide analytics for local, regional and national project teams. Analyze claims data to identify actionable opportunities to improve clinical quality and reduce costs. Measure the impact of previously deployed clinical and financial strategies.Positions in this function research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
- Generally work is self - directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others
Strong analytical / critical thinking and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Formulas, creating reports)
- 1+ years of data analysis and reporting experience
- Experience with SAS / SQL programming
- Experience in a healthcare related field preferred
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Experience working with large data sets
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Minnetonka, MN and Phoenix, AZ , Analyst, health care, excel