Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Value Creation Team develops and deploys targeted initiatives to mitigate medical cost trend and address variations in the quality and appropriate utilization of a variety of services in health care delivery. Initiatives may span across multiple business segments, departments, processes and subject areas. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for continuous learning, investigative analytics, ad hoc reporting and creative problem solving. He/she will be sought out as an expert on the projects they support, sharing work with a wide array of audiences. This is a great opportunity to utilize strong skills in analytics, reporting, presenting and influencing others. Join us and contribute to a winning team with a proven track record!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform root cause analyses and analytic data mining to evaluate medical cost savings opportunities
- Develop cost-benefit analyses and savings models to project/measure the financial impact of initiatives
- Act as a consultant to project managers, recommending approaches to help achieve organizational objectives
- Present analyses to appropriate stakeholders in an understandable manner in order to advance projects and transform data into actionable outcomes
- Prepare exhibits for presentation to key stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to effectively expand team capabilities and advance projects more quickly
- Serve as a key resource on critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Health Administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience consulting within a managed care, health insurer, or healthcare management organization
- 3+ years claims payment review, analysis or cost reporting experience
- 3+ years working in/from a data warehouse environment
- 3+ years SQL/SAS or other relational database experience
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel; proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Established ability to manage multiple initiatives, shifting back and forth effectively among activities, to produce positive results in a dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of relational database fundamentals.
- Experience mining large data sets, familiarity with Big Data mining tools is a plus
- Proficiency in database applications such as Teradata, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to work independently and systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions, and successfully devise/implement solutions calmly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data presentation skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.