Positions in this function research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
- Provide on-demand analysis and reporting in support of business and State data requirements
- Analysis in Clinical, Financial, Operational, and Quality metrics
- Lead report projects to completion by contributing to reporting requirement gathering, development, and documentation
- Design and deploy key dashboards and analytic tools for self-service analysis and research
- Maintain and update automated reports on company reporting platforms
- Lead audit support
- Develop and support relationships with our healthplan and State business partners in support of meeting State and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid goals and objectives
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 1+ years of health care experience working with claims data and medical codes
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in performing data analytics
- Intermediate level proficiency with SQL, Sybase and/or other statistical programs
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience managing teams of people from 2 to 10
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with Crystal Business Objects reporting
- Experience with Microstrategy a plus
- Project management skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics consultant, data analytics, Waltham, Warwick, Claims data, medical codes, SQL, SAS, Oracle, Crystal Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau, project management