You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At UnitedHealth Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis expertise to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge intrigue you?
As a key member of the Analyst team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Senior HEDIS Analyst, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, and trend complex healthcare data
- Effectively communicate analysis to business partners
- Support short and long term operational / strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
- Self-starter that demonstrate accountability for all assignments
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Transition needs into completed projects
- Solve moderately complex problems and / or conduct moderately complex analyses
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide others
- Act as a resource for others with less experience
- Technical skill is required as this position is a mix of business and technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare claims analysis
- 3+ years of experience in reading and writing moderate to complex SQL commands and accurately assessing results
- Experience with analyzing HEDIS metrics or Functional SME for HEDIS reporting
- Experience gathering requirements from the client / business and documenting
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior HEDIS Business Analyst, telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, work from home, WFH, travel, remote