Be a functional leader in the HCM Workday implementation, including understanding key business needs and objectives, short and long-term business roadmap, system capabilities and data -- bringing them all together to meet identified business goals. Provide leadership in the planning and execution the project, including system design, configuration and testing, and contribute to long-term, strategic business planning. Establish and nurture positive relationships with HR product owners, project participants, vendor partners and other stakeholders. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide functional leadership for Workday HCM implementation, focusing on Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and Talent modules, ensuring that a solid solution is created for the business.
- Establish a detailed understanding the business needs of the assigned HR Center of Excellence and define objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Complete testing planning and execution for the implementation, which will also include regular patches and twice-annual releases.
- Have a deep understanding of the applicable technology and business roadmap, provide input into and participate in new projects. Partner with downstream technology teams and vendors to communicate HCM-related impacts.
- Provide input into status reporting, change management, training and end-user communications.
- Facilitate design sessions, planning meetings and other sessions necessary to implement the solution.
- Prepare and gain approval, when needed, on overall business plans or policy or process changes.
- After the project is complete, become an ongoing member of the system support leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Leadership experience with Workday HCM application, including a system implementation and ongoing system usage; preferably a detailed understanding of the Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and Talent / Performance modules.
- Experience working in a Human Resources leadership role; as an HR Generalist and / or in the Center of Excellence for Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and / or Talent Management / Performance areas.
- 5-7 years HR systems or project management or related experience; experience with Workday a significant plus.
- People leadership experience, providing performance feedback, coaching and day to day direction.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, including senior leadership, consultants, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced project environment, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Strong supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.