Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Positions in this function are predominantly involved in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting Internet/Intranet applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements. Design, build, and maintain large-scale web applications, using a diverse set of languages, frameworks, and software platforms. Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Confer with management and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain large-scale web applications, using a diverse set of languages, frameworks, and software platforms. Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Confer with management and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, performant, well structured, and is compatible with specific browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Identify and correct problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback
- 4+ years of Web Design experience
- 3+ years experience with HTML5, CSS3, and associated tools/best practices
- 4+ years experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with CSS frameworks e.g. Foundation, Bootstrap
- Experience / knowledge of Flexbox
- Experience/ knowledge of Responsive Web Design
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Build tools, e.g., Grunt/Gulp, Gradle/Maven, and popular plugins
- PaaS development practices, such as when utilizing OpenShift or Heroku
- Adobe CQ/AEM is a massive plus, but not required.
- Agile development methodology
- Automated testing, e.g., using Jasmine/Mocha, Selenium/Protractor, Spock
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Web Developer, HTML5, CSS3, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota