DescriptionThe Senior Informaticist is the data and analytical support to all aspects of Business. Gather, analyze and deliver information needed for the daily functions and strategy planning aligned with the company's goals.
Take on an analytical approach to integrate clinical and financial trends and outcomes. Develop user-friendly and sometimes self-services tools to deliver the information easily and efficiently.
The Senior Informaticist leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or 5 years intermediate experience with relational databases and Microsoft Office products, with emphasis in Excel, Access, T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Previous experience with analytical tools and reporting
- Previous experience in Medical Economics, Clinical/Medical Care, Medical Insurance, Pharmacy or Population Health. As well as experience with trends and forecasting
- Experience assessing, recommending and implementing best software or tools.
- Advanced Degree
- Six Sigma certification
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Preferred technologies such as SAS, SQL, QlikView, Tableau, Hadoop or similar tools.
- Ability to communicate results to different audiences according to business needs.
- Previous experience assessing technical problems and troubleshooting these problems through code optimization with emphasis in VBA
May require occasional travel for meetings or training (up to 10%)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40