DescriptionThe Senior Infrastructure Architect designs and develops IT infrastructure architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Infrastructure Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Infrastructure Architect (Windows / Linux / Virtualization)
Assignment: IT / Server Technologies and Acquisition Integration
Location: Louisville, Green Bay or remote anywhere in the US
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our server and virtual infrastructures—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- Be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Technical Architect who will: perform design and maintenance tasks including installation, customization, documentation, debugging and performance tuning on complex projects with system-wide ramifications. You will also act as an area expert on special projects, assisting with the adoption of new technology and creating and refining best-practices.
• Oversee the administration of Humana’s enterprise server and virtualization infrastructures, performing upgrades when necessary, monitoring system performance and completing capacity planning
• Guide all aspects of core server and virtual infrastructures
• Create and maintain team standards and strategy for special projects involving server and virtual technologies
• Develop and manage configuration management processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux system administration, integration, or development
• Technical knowledge and experience with a large Windows and Linux server environments
• Technical knowledge and experience with a large VMware and/or Microsoft virtual environments
• Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP Networking
• Working knowledge on how different storage technologies work (Fiber SAN Storage and Network Attached Storage)
• Experience working with HP and Cisco UCS servers and blade solutions
• Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures, e.g. cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, clustering, and high availability.
*Must be a US Citizen
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware VCP, or ITIL certifications are a plus.
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer
Scheduled Weekly Hours40