Participate in the development of an Enterprise wide approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure. Work on service/middle layers that enable other major revenue generating applications in the organization to function smoothly and seamlessly. Participate in engineering and deployment planning of IT infrastructure systems. Apply industry best practices while working on H&R Block corporate standards and guidelines. Detect faults in systems and recommend solutions. Analyze servers to ensure that the application stability and performance are executing at peak levels. Create Ansible playbook for routing tasks related to applications for more efficient and effective error free task execution. Analyze existing systems, recommend improvements, provide operational guidance, and support of hardware and software improvement for optimal performance. Apply operating system and application level patches for improved performance and security vulnerabilities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or related.
6 years in infrastructure engineering and development of an enterprises approach to include:
- Enterprise class application platforms.
- Unix/Linux platforms, scripting with shell, & bash.
- Operational process documentation, operational tools management and practice methodology.
- ITIL processes, RMQ, AMQ, Kafka, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Git, NetBackup, Ansible and Chef.
- Locating and remediating vulnerabilities.
- Fault detection, capacity monitoring, and configuration reviews, process documentation, and process applications.
- Server systems, information security, storage technology network technology, including: firewalls and load balancers.
- Deployment and validation of applications on large network.