Department:OH1CH_71500_000 Mchp Information Resources
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Senior Installation Specialist will be responsible for initiating, prioritizing, planning, coordinating, and implementing hardware and software installations, systems implementation and modification, problem resolution, technical support, documentation preparation, and maintenance of the inventory. This position will ensure communication and accomplishment of such activities. The primary focus is on customer service and satisfaction, and guarantees a departmental commitment to the delivery of established service levels to all Mount Carmel Health System entities.
- Functions as a team member, responsible for initiating, prioritizing, planning, coordinating, and performing hardware and software installations, systems implementation and modification, problem resolution, technical support, documentation preparation, and maintenance of inventory.
- Initiates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates problem resolution by acting as a definer, problem solver, and negotiator, while working under the pressure of complex variables, including multiple departments, multiple vendors, multiple procedures, multiple personalities, and by applying current and unproven technology.
- Initiates, develops, and ensures the use of audit control procedures.
- Recommends actions which will increase departmental productivity and customer satisfaction and will respond to changes in environment.
- Spends some scheduled and unscheduled weekend and evening hours to perform some functions.
- Initiates, prioritizes, coordinates, plans, and implements voice/data solutions as identified at the departmental, divisional, and corporate levels which may include, but not be limited to, local and wide area networks.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and maintenance of voice/data communications hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensures team members are properly trained in inventory database use, in proper log in procedures, in testing procedures, and in troubleshooting methodology.
- Serves as a technical resource to the Help Desk in supporting areas
- Coordinates all activities with Client Services Installations and Support Team Members at
- assigned site.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent operational experience in the hardware/personal computer environment.
- Experience: Minimum of five plus years related Information Systems work experience two of which must have been in the hardware/personal computer installations and support environment. At least one year of which must have been in networking and telecommunications. Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Astute problem identification and problem solving skills.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.