DescriptionThe Senior Internal Auditor develops, plans and evaluates internal audit programs for the organization's accounting and statistical records and the activities of various departments to ensure compliance with the organization's policies, procedures and standards. The Senior Internal Auditor work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Internal Auditor determines proper accountability of assets. Audits accounting records of contract agreements in which the organization is involved. Prepares reports for management on the results of audits, providing recommendations on improvements. Interfaces with and assists outside auditors to expedite their work. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Humana’s Internal Audit Consulting Group has a great opportunity for an exceptional Senior Internal Audit Professional to provide value-added service by evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of Humana’s operational processes and supporting control structure. The Internal Audit Consulting Group is a leading edge team providing independent, objective assurance, consulting, and business advisory services that evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Our role drives the achievement of Humana’s strategic and financial objectives while guiding management on the appropriate level of risk taking necessary to achieve those objectives.
In addition to the exposure to corporate strategy, business plans, and the management teams that execute those strategies, consultants are exposed to various learning opportunities, such as Six Sigma, financial analysis and reporting, information technology development, project management and risk and control certification.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Internal Audit Professional:
- Review and analyze processes, documentation and data to identify any gaps in the effectiveness of Humana’s governance, risk, and control environment.
- Provide proactive consulting and facilitation on risk, control, and governance processes for those areas under review. Collaborate with business process owners to drive execution at best in class levels.
- Execute audit engagement plans and perform all steps related to audits and special projects.
- Provide assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of various Humana operational processes. You will interact with leaders in many different areas and at many different levels.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships across Humana related to your assigned functional area. Facilitate risk assessment discussions regarding strategic, financial, operational, and compliance components as part of the CEO’s enterprise risk management initiative.
- Work with leadership to identify new and emerging risks and then plan internally to monitor and control those risks. Coordinate closely with an audit manager tasked with execution of specific audit engagements designed to test risk and control practices.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of audit or consulting experience
- Successful track record in facilitating and consulting across teams and managing projects
- Likes to focus on the "big picture" and thrives in a fast paced, multi-project work environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of (MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CFE
- Advanced degree preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Process Improvement and/or Quality Control expertise
Scheduled Weekly Hours40