UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data.
- Install, configure, and manage production and non-production SQL Server instances
- Provide highly available database solutions in support of critical applications
- Create and maintain database maintenance plans to check, backup, and optimize databases
- Improve performance of SQL code by identifying inefficiencies and recommending alternatives to reduce system resource utilization
- Ensure data retention policies are sustained
- Review and manage database security
- Apply SQL Server upgrades and security patches
- Deploy database changes into production
- Create and maintain database standards and procedures
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analyses
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translate concepts into practice
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Undergraduate degree or proven work experience. Technical training and some college will be considered
- 5+ years of Database Administration experience in SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience supporting SDLC
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Experience using Microsoft Visio, Project and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Experience in SDLC using Agile Methodology
- Ability to facilitate dialogue across functional areas and provide consultative direction
- Health Care industry experience
- Must be able to clearly communicate in writing and orally to both technical and non-technical teams and all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.