Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the
planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is
what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives
of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making
Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and
reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. You will be challenged daily to better improve the customer experience. The work takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You'll be using complex data to support business decisions and you'll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
As an Senior IT Operating Systems Consultant, you would work with a variety of individuals that may include business users, internal and external customers, application developers, QA, project leaders and others with a primary focus on large-scale systems, applications, databases and reports leveraging multiple tools, processes, and technologies.
- Provide IT support for both online and batch application for MAHIX
- Run, monitor and troubleshoot application batch jobs and online functionality
- Respond to application war rooms
- Triage customer incident tickets and provide analysis of customer or application issue
- Open PIM and ALMs as required to track issues and code fixes
- Coordinate with hCentive resources on issue triage, RCA and resolution
- Perform root cause analysis and provide write ups of RCA to customer
- Provide customer facing reports as requested
- Analyzes business requirements and able to write technical specification documents
- Participates in system testing and able to write test cases
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Data analysis skills
- Oracle PL / SQL development experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, provides resolutions of complex production, application and system problems
- Experience coordinating with vendor resources and providing updates to leadership
- Unix scripting experience
- SQL statement tuning and performance monitoring
- Ability to manage a team of 3-5 people
- Java background
- Health care experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: IT Operating Systems, Telecommute, Boston, MA, McLean, VA, Oracle PL / SQL, Java