There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry because we are changing a whole industry with our technology. If you are the kind of engineer that likes the idea of disrupting an industry with your technology, then we need you on our team.
Do you take pride in designing and delivering solutions that make a difference in people’s lives? Applications and services that are scalable and can be leveraged and reused in the global marketplace? Then Optum is the place for you! At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help disrupt the healthcare system with smart technology. We will make the health care system work better for everyone.
When you join us as a Software Development Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing and building end to end web applications in JAVA(J2EE) technologies
- Some experience designing and developing software applications using MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express JS, Angular JS, Node JS)
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of build tools such as Maven, Gradle
- Strong experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins and OpenShift
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Ansible
- Familiarity and working knowledge of authentication, encryption, certificates, key management
- Working knowledge of OAuth2 and/or Open ID Connect
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Agile engineering and testing practices
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt as needed
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with building applications and deploying to commercial cloud (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with scripting language (Python, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with test automation tools (Protractor, Selenium, Saucelabs integration)
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Working knowledge of Open source API gateways ( Zuul, Kong ) etc.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.