Our Contact Center Services team is transforming our contact center infrastructure through a multi-year program entitled Omni. The Omni program provides a platform level technical refresh for the delivery of inbound customer calls to ~75,000 agents globally. It will also refresh and deliver new customer channel interactions through outbound, chat, email, click-to-call, and other contact types. In this newly created role, you will serve as a subject matter expert relative to the Contact Center Services JVM and Tomcat environments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating middleware (JVM and Tomcat) and server specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Providing in depth consultation to application teams on JVM and Tomcat related issues
- Troubleshooting and tuning application servers
- Analyzing all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommending modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
- Assisting in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics for middleware environments
- Solving unique and complex problems with broad business impact
- Translating complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Coordinating and managing multiple projects with different teams in parallel
- Collaborating and educating other stakeholders to identify and address issues as needed
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation
Candidates will possess:
- 5 + years of experience in the technology profession
- 3 + years JVM middleware administration experience
- Demonstrated experience with performance analysis of applications and interconnected components (including web servers and messaging)
- Proven expertise troubleshooting and resolving issues in large-scale middleware environments
- Willingness and ability to participate in on-call rotation
- Tomcat experiences highly desired
- Oracle DBA experiences preferred
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.