At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for a Senior Lead Auditor on the Capital Audit Team. This position will serve as a subject matter specialist covering Wells Fargo’s capital regulatory environment. We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate expertise related to Basel, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), and Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) regulations. Experience in other lines of business, and broader familiarity of the finance, risk, and banking industry is also desired.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple lines of business and risk areas within Wells Fargo’s Capital Audit Team. The team member may assist in the design of audit coverage and execution of audit engagements. The team member must be flexible by participating in many different projects simultaneously while also engaging in emerging risk assessment and business monitoring. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in integrated audits and either supervises or leads execution of the audit process in accordance with WFAS policy.
- Partner with audit team members in performing risk assessment, identifying key risks, analyzing and documenting internal controls, developing effective test plans and determining final scope of engagements.
- Execute audits which require understanding of capital (Basel/CCAR/DFAST) related business functions, including regulatory, operations, technology, finance and accounting.
- Develop and apply effective project leadership skills regarding engagement notification, task assignment and monitoring, interim performance evaluation and coaching, project pacing and control.
- Train and mentor junior staff regarding required knowledge and skills.
- Supervise or lead projects that are generally moderate to large in size and complexity. Often handle multiple assignments but generally supervises/leads one project at a time.
- Demonstrate professional skepticism. Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner. Provide ongoing communications with business partners while maintaining a balance between independence and partnership.
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions. Escalate significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the following certifications: CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Strong understanding of capital management, regulatory capital and reporting requirements (CCAR, DFAST, Basel) as well as associated regulatory compliance risks and programs is highly preferred.
- Public accounting or risk consulting experience.
- Good understanding of Institution of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, regulatory requirements, and industry guidelines
- Consistent success in supervising and leading project teams in performing audits.
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Recognizes success is dependent upon continual development of team members.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.