At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for a Senior Lead Auditor on the Wholesale Banking Audit team. This position will primarily cover the Market and Counterparty Risk across Wells Fargo; including, Investment Banking, Prime Brokerage, Securities and Derivatives Trading, Asset Backed Finance, and Investment Portfolio, and will also support the broader wholesale coverage model. The Senior Lead Auditor position will require an understanding of capital market activities and how they relate to Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk management within Wells Fargo.
Comprised of approximately 170 team members, the Wholesale audit team provides coverage of a range of wholesale banking and corporate activities. Wholesale Banking consists of multiple business lines organized to serve middle-market, corporate and institutional businesses nationwide, and financial institutions worldwide. Wholesale’s products and services include treasury management, commercial lending, commercial real estate, asset-based lending, equipment finance, insurance, foreign exchange, trade services, correspondent banking, corporate trust, investment banking, capital markets, asset management, and international.
This Senior Lead Auditor position will support the Audit Manager(s) and Senior Audit Manager responsible for coverage of Market and Counterparty Risk, with strong connectivity to Capital Markets. They will be responsible for leading (being the auditor-in-charge of) projects required to execute a successful multi-year audit coverage strategy. To achieve this, they maintain a strong understanding of the business’ historical, current and future operations, including the diverse set of associated risks and control structures. This Senior Lead Auditor must also have a solid understanding of current events and emerging risks within the capital markets industry. Additionally, this position will be expected to ensure audit coverage within the various capital markets businesses is comprehensive and liaison with the Audit Manager and Senior Audit Manager to ensure scope is aligned with regulatory focus areas such as SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRB, NFA, etc.
The Senior Lead Auditor plays a critical role on the team and is responsible for providing coaching, guidance, and mentoring to a diverse virtual team, including experienced auditors at various levels and recent college graduates and interns. Their leadership will require providing on the job coaching, managing role assignments, and delivering relevant feedback that increases team members’ proficiency and prepares them for future growth. While Senior Lead Auditors work with their Audit Manager to execute on coverage strategies, they’re responsible for leading key activities such as auditee/business partner meetings and communications, formulating audit scope, managing deadlines, ensuring documentation is robust and comprehensive, raising issues and concerns with the business, and writing final reports. This requires strong critical thinking, good project management, and effective communication skills. These responsibilities may apply to multiple concurrent projects.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the following certifications: CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience with Capital Markets businesses and related risk functions, in particular Market and Counterparty Risk Management
- Knowledge of banking or investment regulatory framework (SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRB, NFA, etc.)
- Recent career progression in audit from testing to auditor-in-charge role or comparable progression in risk management or related fields
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.