DescriptionThe Senior Learning Design Professional uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Senior Learning Design Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Learning Design Professional analyzes content, organizes content, designs solutions, and writes storyboards, scripts, performance support, mobile learning and manuals. Analyzes learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to provide input for course content. Writes effective learning objectives and coordinates learning and performance assessments to measure training effectiveness. Ensures course materials are current and relevant to training needs. Tracks and analyzes the training programs effectiveness by examining learner's satisfaction levels, proficiency testing, and job performance improvement. Plans, organizes, and develops training curriculum, materials, job performance aids and programs to meet specific training needs. Uses consultative skills to commit projects and conduct needs analysis with clients to determine whether learning solutions are necessary or relevant. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of technical experience
- Curriculum development or experience providing adult education
- Computer based training design (for example Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia)
- Prior experience in a clinical/healthcare services setting (medical coding and/or risk adjustment is ideal)
- Certified coder or interest in becoming certified
- Humana Learning Center administration rights and/or knowledge
- SharePoint design
- Job may require travel up to 30% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours40