Reports to: System Director Physician Relations
The Senior Living Liaison builds long-term relationships between Phoenixville and Pottstown Hospital, Tower Health affiliated facilities, and senior living communities and their respective administrative teams to drive and maintain inpatient and outpatient volumes at each respective entity. The Liaison is also responsible for supporting marketing strategies, goals and plans designed to promote awareness, reputation and preference for assigned territory and its affiliate organizations. The Liaison has a dual reporting relationship: a solid-line reporting to the System Director of Physician Relations, and a dotted-line reporting relationship to the facility Chief Financial Officer at Phoenixville and Pottstown Hospitals. The Liaison works closely with the Director of Marketing and other administrative and physician leadership staff to implement marketing and recruiting tactics. The successful individual in this position will have strong sales, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills, and will be an excellent team player.
- A minimum of three to five years direct sales experience to healthcare related referral sources
- Previous experience working in a senior living facility, strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, analytical ability, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Ability to master all primary office software packages
- Must be self-directed, action oriented with a drive to achieve results.
- Strong motivational skills are imperative as well as the ability to manage and execute multiple tasks
- Must have and maintain a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License
Shift: Day shift, 40 hours per week
- Develops relationships with administrative teams at senior living facilities (i.e. Community based facilities) by educating staff of hospital programs, services, physician and clinical expertise, and acting as a liaison between the hospital and referring senior living facilities to remove admission barriers, drive volume, and enhance access and patient and facility satisfaction
- In collaboration with the System Director of Physician Relations develops annual and quarterly sales plans to promote services identified in hospital or system Strategic Marketing Plans
- Maintains accurate and timely tracking and documentation of outreach activities and follow-up activity via physician relationship management software tool. This includes setting quarterly goals self-reporting of goals/success of outreach activities, and developing corrective outreach tactics and strategies as necessary.
- In collaboration with the Director of Planning, and System Director of Physician Relations, analyzes admission data to identify admission shifts and opportunities.
- Provides ongoing feedback to the System Director of Physician Relations, Director of Marketing, and Senior Administrative Team, regarding market intelligence and information obtained from skilled nursing facilities, community trends, new providers in the service areas, and any other relevant market activity. Coordinates meetings at the Hospital to provide a forum for addressing issues related to patient access, availability of services, scheduling, and other related matters.
- Develops working relationships with key department directors and attends department meetings as required to facilitate and ensure resolutions to improve overall patient satisfaction.
- Follows up with skilled nursing facility staff on resolutions and gain further feedback for continuous improvement of services.
- Provides tours of the Hospital and other facilities to skilled nursing facilities’ administrative and support staff as needed.
- Identifies, communicates and works with the Medical Director and Nurse Manager of Emergency Department and Geriatric Observation Unit on identified barriers or issues to help streamline the admission/discharge processes.
- Works with Local Emergency Management Services (EMS) and Nurse manager of unit to ensure EMS is apprised of hospital services and specialties and to ensure patient and customer satisfaction with Emergency Department and Geriatric Observation unit.
- Works collaboratively with Community Outreach department participating in events, meet & greets, to disseminate information and promote hospital services and specialties as appropriate.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field