The Senior Living Montessori Memory Care Director is responsible for implementation of the MMIT program, meet resident care and activity needs and manage the overall operation of the Memory Care neighborhood in accordance with resident needs, government regulations, Meridian policies and procedures, and MMIT handbook that models validation, encourages independence, capitalizes on resident’s abilities and helps residents feel safe and purposeful. Maintain excellent services, high occupancy and meet Community financial goals.
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred and/or 2-3 years experience in a healthcare setting.
- 2 – 3 years or more in the care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia’s and desire to serve residents and families of the memory care neighborhood.
- Ability to work within an environment that supports the goals set forth in the MMIT Program.
- Leadership skills and the ability to coordinate care across disciplines (including activities, dining services, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and State officials and general public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Practice and promote Meridian Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience in a related healthcare setting.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs of the resident and community.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
- Must have experience in training and staff development.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Memory Care Director, Life Guidance Director, Alzheimer Care Director, Reminiscence Director, Memory loss, Memory Enhancement, Life Enrichment, Therapeutic Recreation, Alzheimer Program Director, Director of Memory Care, Director of Life Engagement, Memory Care Director, Memory Support, Memory Care Services, Alzheimers, Dementia, Gerontology, Care plans, Geriatric, CNA, Nursing Assistant, Caregiver, Resident Assistant