Around here, we’re always striving for better. A better way to think. A better way to care. A better way to succeed. As a Senior Manager, Big Data Product Manager, you’ll not only meet and interact with the senior-most leadership, but you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with them on important business initiatives. Not to mention, with UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will also have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader. It’s a chance to be a part of something transformative. Sound good? Join us today.
You will lead a team of professional to identify and evaluate Big Data products to match Analytics and reporting use cases. You will also negotiate, develop and nurture internal IT and external Vendor partnerships to ensure our Big Data offerings continue to meet our customer’s needs.Primary Responsibilities:
- Define the vision and strategy for the Big Data platform aligned to overall organization and business objectives
- Ensure the vision and strategy for existing Big Data platform are cloud-ready for possible migration in the future
- Anticipate customer needs, evaluate technology, conducting proof-of-concepts and recommend vendor products to senior leadership
- Compare product offerings and provide recommendations to project and customers teams on Big Data tools
- Develop plans and work with internal IT teams and vendors to rollout Big data products to customers
- Gather customer feedbacks for technology enhancements and work with vendors for implementation
- Manage product releases and conduct testing to ensure products are working properly
- Provide leadership, management and mentorship to teams with direct and indirect reports
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This is an exhilarating environment to say the least. Here, you’ll be able to create an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing demands. At the same time, you’ll hone your skills and build relationships across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Vendor Management and Coordination
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Architecture and Product Evaluation
- 5+ years of experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25 percent
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Big Data open source projects and commercial vendor offerings
- Experience with cloud offerings a plus
- Experience working in global Health Insurance Payer organization(s), focusing on the following disciplines: data Stewardship, data integration, business Intelligence / Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, influence, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent business acumen and leadership skills
- Strong technical skills
- Problem solver with having demonstrated the ability to “think out of the box”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Explain complex technical issues in simple, business-friendly language
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
- Capability for being thoughtful and collaborative
- Motivation that is focused on long - term results
As the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, we're used to setting the pace for change. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like. Join us today and start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data, analytics, reporting, vendor, vendor management, partnership, strategy, technology, IT, technical architecture, healthcare, insurance payer, manager, Minnetonka, MN, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, California