Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.S
As a Senior Manager, Marketing Business Development – Washington, DC, you will partner with marketing and sales leaders to better align marketing efforts in support of lead generation.
Acting as the frontline of lead management and qualification, you’ll apply your keen understanding of the Advisory Board products, business model, sales organization, and scoring methodology to turn leads into marketing qualified leads. You will manage the lead qualification and assignment process from beginning to end, ensuring that our prospective customers make their way to our sales teams in a timely manner. Working in a fast-paced, high-volume business, you will hardwire scalable processes that ensure best practices in lead generation and data management. Observant and data-driven, you will look for patterns in qualification and conversions to draw insights and inform campaign strategy.
In your new role, you’ll act as the team lead, providing direction to two marketing business development managers, communicating with diverse stakeholders, and taking on additional project management duties. You’ll join a talented group of marketers responsible for generating valuable new business leads, renewing and engaging our current members, and growing brand awareness in the market.
- Create, edit, manage, and distribute a calendar of marketing events for sales teams.
- Provide direction to two marketing business development managers, ensuring they are employing best practices in lead generation and data management.
- Help our sales leaders correctly identify prospective customers based off of buyer personas, competitively position our offerings, and identify new opportunities for marketing collateral.
- Act as the frontline of lead management and qualification, at times interfacing with existing and prospective consumers to understand their needs.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities and effectiveness and business impact.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Evaluate new forms of marketing automation to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Utilize marketing automation tools for tracking client activity and behavior patterns.
- Develop an expert understanding Advisory Board products, business model, sales organization, and scoring methodology.
- Effectively collaborate with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Partner with the internal sales team to coordinate meetings, accelerate discussions and provide sales support in an effort to close business.
- Support key initiatives across the marketing department, acting as a pivot player when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 3+ years professional experience in a marketing and/or sales support role
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Excel (pivot tables and v-look ups), PowerPoint (creating/editing slides) and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Knowledge of digital marketing methods (ie: marketing flows and lead scoring) and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer journey and how it maps to marketing activities such as lead generation, sale enablement, and customer renewals
Propensity for easily mastering new technologies such as Eloqua (email marketing) or other marketing automation technology
Experience with Salesforce or other CRM’s platforms
Technically savvy with the ability to surface insights from data
Must be able to work effectively with the sales and client services teams to convey accurate customer requirements
Excellent written and verbal communication coupled with time management skills
Reliable, strong work ethic, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
Experience working in a highly matrixed organization as a team player and firm citizen
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Advisory Board, Advisory, Washington, DC, marketing manager, sales support, Eloqua, Salesforce, CRM, email marketing, lead sourcing, marketing flows