Senior Manager of Customer Service is responsible for leading customer service teams specifically focused on home delivery, to include complex logistics products and services. This Leader will be responsible for development of leaders and Customer Service Representatives to effectively manage interactions with customers and across vendor partners for effective resolution. If you are a: leader, team player, professional, personable, trustworthy, agile, reliable, proactive, creative, positive, fair, and results-oriented; apply now!
- Lead customer service and performance and process improvements across contact centers teams that are specifically focused on advanced home delivery, to include complex order management.
- Design, communicate, and implement cross-functional teams to improve performance, profitability, and customer experience results.
- Develop leaders and Customer Service Representatives to effectively manage interactions across internal partner teams, especially supply chain, to resolve customer needs in a timely, effective manner.
- Collaborates across a variety of logistics partners and team members to identify, propose, and implement changes leading to stronger performance, proving Bed Bath & Beyond as the experts for the home and heart-related life events.
- Serve as the primary leadership point of contact for advanced specialty order management teams across contact centers, including Home Delivery and One Kings Lane. Familiar with various roles throughout supply chain, communicating change needs for quick, quality resolution.
- Research and develop optimal processes and tools to drive optimal workflow and effectiveness across operations, including contact center, carriers, vendors, web teams, and technology.
- Establish success measures, targets and performance management approach to continuously improve advanced delivery performance and outcomes; ensure reporting of progress for all initiatives. Conducts ongoing needs assessment by meeting with leaders and CSRs across the business to identify and address gaps.
- Strong contribution across vendor/carrier performance reviews and communication to ensure customer and employee perspective are represented and results improve across speed, quality, and overall experience.
- Optimize the customer experience from web through order delivery, by proposing and leading changes across the enterprise.
- Lead and participate in other projects as assigned.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years in customer service leadership, leading leaders and Customer Service Representatives.
- Experience proposing, planning, designing, and implementing complex, enterprise-wide initiatives, particularly in logistics and customer service fields.
- Strong team-building, organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various roles and business units.
- Analytical skills to design and implement success measures, identify and action gaps; ability to work with complex data, focused on supply chain and contact center/customer experience.
- Strong logistics/supply chain/order/carrier experience.
- Proven facilitation skills: presentation packaging and delivery to various audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, and solution work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational and management skills that includes the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Proven results through the development of team implemented cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- High comfort level working in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated.
- Strong computer proficiency skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Able to lift at least 20lbs.
- Must have a car, a valid driver’s license, and carry auto insurance.
- Occasional travel is required and ability to work off shifts.
- Year round associate discount at all of the Bed Bath & Beyond family of brands (including buybuyBaby, Harmon, Christmas Tree Shops and Cost Plus World Market).
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, FSA and 401(k) with company match.
- Paid Time Off program.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.