Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Senior Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
- Create internal procedures and programs for compliance to Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of programs associated with Food Safety Modernization (FSMA) to ensure production of safe and wholesome products.
- Validate science-based Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) for all facilities through appropriate environmental programs.
- Conduct trend analysis of product quality metrics, environmental test results, facility audit data, customer feedback, and coordinate a plan for improvement in support of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assist in developing training for management and plant personnel on Food Safety programs including FSMA, GMP, and SQF.
- Review and validate HACCP plans for all products lines. Plans include preventive controls that are science-and risk-based which focus on preventing problems that can cause foodborne illness.
- Participate in the management of crises involving products and the on-going interpretation and reporting of information from our customers and suppliers.
- Audit GMP’s, Standard Operating Procedures (and SSOPs), and all Food Safety and Quality programs to ensure they are being followed.
- Oversees execution and record keeping of all investigations and ensures appropriate corrective actions are taken. This includes but is not limited to managing the CAPA program.
- Oversee the development of packaging and labeling to ensure compliance with FDA.
- Perform and document external audits of suppliers, co-packers, contract manufacturers, and service providers to ensure compliance with See’s Food Safety and Quality standards. Ensure vendors’ compliance with FSMA’s Supply Chain Preventative Control requirements.
- Assess and report the level of compliance to regulatory requirements and quality standards and ensures implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Ensure change management and process improvement as the Food Safety and Process Improvement Champion
- Keep current with food safety requirements, consumer protection, public health regulations, and industry best practices to ensure continued compliance with regulatory changes.
- Assist VP of Food Safety and Quality with special projects and high-priority objectives
- Ten (10) years of experience in Food Industry managing Food Safety and SQF Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Biology, or Food Science.
- Strong working knowledge of SQF and PCQI certified
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and auditing food safety and quality programs.
- Proven leadership skills in developing effective teams
- Strong working knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement
- Proven leadership competencies in driving resolution /results, creative problem solving and improving food safety and quality performance consistency.
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead effective teams in a fast paced environment
- Critical, analytical thinker with a proven ability to develop and implement corrective actions to food safety and quality concerns.
- Strong knowledge in the areas of food safety, food processing technology, sanitation practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP principles and FSMA rules.
- Sound PC skills (MS Office)
- Strong analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented leader with strong decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to motivate employees at all levels.
- Able to travel 35 – 50%.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).