Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF), a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,400 customers and more than $33 billion in loans outstanding. WFCF offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom
The primary objective of the role is to act as a leader, subject matter expert in the quantitative models, modeling process, modeling data requirements, quantitative models utilization, deployment and monitoring. The individual in this role will lead and guide project plan design, requirements scoping, and goal development on risk modeling initiatives with cross-functional project teams. It will require the individual to understand WFEF’s Commercial Vehicle Group (CVG) business, underwriting and portfolio management processes as well as quantitative methods used in credit risk modeling. In addition this role will be responsible for coaching and directing quantitative modelers with broad range of experiences, providing guidance for risk, reporting and analytics teams, interacting with upstream and downstream teams through the life cycle of the models. Responsibilities include hosting regular update meetings with senior risk leadership, active participation in model governance activities and supporting CCAR projects. The role will partner with senior leaders, IT, and other key business stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans that create business capacity, drive growth, and increase customer satisfaction.
The individual should have good understanding of credit risks, role of the models in credit risk management, modeling process and SR11-7 guidance. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, able to manage multiple high priority projects concurrently with limited direction, is organized and focused on delivering results. The successful candidate possesses mentoring/coaching skills, business intuition, strategic vision, “can do” attitude and hands-on approach to deliver on stated goals.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, or computer science
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 6+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A Graduate Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or other discipline relying on quantitative methods with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in quantitative risk modeling
- SAS programming.
- Must be willing to travel 15% of the time.
- Prior working experience with the following is desired: data mining, SAS Grid tools; Quantitative analytics; Rating Systems, Financial Statement Analysis
- Knowledge of commercial and consumer bureau data/processes/scoring techniques
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.