The Senior Manager Safety and Security is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure workplace at the assigned site. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day security service provided to the facility and ensure service is of the highest standards – capable of representing Whelan as the premier provider of contract security services in the industry.
- Regularly inspect all posts to ensure company and client policies and procedures have been properly implemented
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and continual development of staff assigned to the account
- Assist in the development and implementation of staffing schedules, budgets, payroll, and other reports
- Ensure that operational logs, records and post orders are established and maintained appropriately
- Manage to 2.5% unbilled overtime or less on assigned account
- Year over year improvement in Employee Engagement Scores in the account
- Retention of the account
- Period over period improvement (usually quarterly) of performance metrics specific to the account
- Personnel inspections and training of 100% of assigned personnel each month
- Personnel recruiting to ensure full staffing levels on assigned accounts
- Personally recruit a minimum of one new supervisor for your account annually
- Develop a minimum of one supervisor for promotion annually
- Become proficient in all company software systems (on-boarding, scheduling, financial, CRM)
- 100% compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example of living up to the Whelan Values
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- A college degree (Bachelor's or greater) is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered
Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
We are more than a team – we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to work at a family-owned, industry-leading organization – APPLY NOW! TEXT WHELAN to 98199
Click “Apply” to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to call us at