This role requires a dynamic and technical leader capable of not only managing a team operationally, but of owning and evolving the technology stacks, service delivery models, and agile delivery practices that help the team create valuable, high quality capabilities for our customers.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years leading software developments teams of 15+ team members (direct and indirect reports), preferably in a Java and/or .NET commercial environment
- Experience leading distributed teams, preferably teams supporting multiple products
- Experiences managing products in at least two of the three following service delivery models: on-premise, Software-as-a-Service hosted (single- or multi-tenant SaaS), and public cloud delivered (single- or multi-tenant)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of Agile software development methods and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience leading and maturing teams utilizing modern software development practices (e.g. Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Open Source/Inner Source software, API-based services, Containerization, and Continuous Quality (code, performance, security)
- Experience in Healthcare information technology, particularly healthcare Payer and Provider analytics
- Experience delivering and/or managing Analytics or Data Science-focused products
- Experience with large scale analytics and data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch, Jupyter/Zeppelin
- Experience with Business Intelligence/reporting tools such as Microstrategy, Cognos, Domo, QuickSight, or PowerBI
- Experience building products in or migrating existing products to a public or private cloud platform
- Active engagement in technical communities such as contribution to open source projects or speaking in/facilitating technology/user groups
- Prior experience implementing Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning technologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.