Leads, develops, recommends and implements client acquisition marketing plans and programs for key H&R Block brands and products designed to increase revenues, client base, and profitability. Leads marketing program efforts, ensuring programs work with other marketing initiatives. Leads work on complex, high revenue generating, multi department and large project team marketing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, develop, recommend and implement client acquisition marketing plans and programs for key H&R Block brands and products designed to increase revenues, client base, and profitability. Works on programs that have high visibility and multi department, complex design. Ensure adherence of marketing plans and programs with overall corporate strategy and objectives. Analyze each program to identify key success indicators. Prioritize projects based on evaluation of short and long-term benefit to the company.
- Implement and monitor marketing metrics to ensure the effective measurement of client acquisition marketing programs. Identify areas of concern and takes appropriate action.
- Collaborate and lead other associates in Marketing to communicate the status of key projects to ensure marketing acquisition program integration with other initiatives. Lead, propose and set strategy for discussion and consideration of ideas within the working groups.
- Lead in ideas that develop H&R Block advertising strategy and execution.
- Direct and monitor outside advertising agencies to ensure the company’s client acquisition goals are achieved in the most efficient and effective manner. Evaluate outside advertising agencies.
- Collaborate with New Product Development to create and market products to specific market segments that will help grow the H&R Block client base.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the timely development of marketing material to include client acquisition direct mail and merchandising materials such as brochures, banners, and signs. Assist in the timely development of appropriate advertisements, i.e. television, radio, magazine, newspaper, outdoor signage, yellow pages, on-line, etc.
- Partner with the Marketing Research team to identify, recommend, and implement market research activities. Analyze research results, making recommendations to better achieve the company’s short and long-term objectives.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop and evaluate direct reports and others in marketing to help them learn to manage larger programs. Serve as a mentor and model Company values on a daily basis.
- Participate in the development of media plans, helping to ensure recommended media plans achieve business and marketing objectives.
- Responsible for acquisition direct response marketing programs to include development, production, delivery and analysis of individual programs.
- Provide marketing support in response to divisional and local marketing issues.
- Recommend and monitor marketing budgets in relation to the acquisition of clients. Ensures projects are completed within budgetary guidelines.
- Serve as a marketing resource to the department and other departments.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of acquisition marketing associates. Determine work procedures and expedites workflow. Study and standardize procedures to improve the efficiency of subordinates. Provide training and guidance to ensure the effective development of subordinates. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of projects. Conduct regular staff meetings to share department and company information.
- Collaborate directly with the Regional Franchise Marketing Managers (RFMM) and the Regional Marketing Managers (RMM) to develop a strategic marketing plan for the field offices and franchises.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad-based retail marketing experience, including specific knowledge of advertising, media, grassroots, database, direct, promotion, merchandising, web content and research.
- Multicultural consumer marketing experience, including proficiency in foreign language with the ability to read and write effectively in both languages.
- Broad-based consumer marketing experience, including specific knowledge of advertising, media, database, direct response, promotion, merchandising, and research
- Qualified marketing experience.
- Broad-based consumer marketing experience, including specific knowledge of advertising, media, database, direct response, promotion, merchandising and research.
- Proven experience in building acquisition systems.
- Proven experience in developing marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial implications of marketing decisions.
- Strategic planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes.
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively monitor tasks delegated to subordinates.
- A minimum of six years consumer marketing experience.
- Familiarity with franchised, multi-unit retail, financial services, and/or seasonal business.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate on the Internet.
- Prior supervisory experience.