Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
We’re seeking a Senior Marketing Manager – Washington, DC to play a key role in the planning and execution of the Marketing Team’s prospect acquisition and member retention strategies. This team is responsible for the strategic planning, creation, and data analysis of our inbound marketing, website content, and social media outreach surrounding our marketing efforts. In this role we are looking for someone who can manage senior level relationships across our Research and Sales teams, has proven strong project management, content marketing and marketing automation optimization skills, and can execute and develop marketing campaigns across a variety of digital channels.
Campaign Design, Management, Execution, and Optimization
- Manage day-to –day creation, execution, and optimization of marketing campaigns consisting of email flows, web page builds, and social media and paid advertising management for both new business generation and member renewal
- Adhere to company editorial best practices across all marketing channels
- Execute against key milestones on the Marketing content calendar, completing campaigns and page builds according to agreed upon timelines and communicating any roadblocks to success to appropriate constituents
- Measure, analyze, and report on campaign and website performance to uncover actionable insights that will increase efficiency and performance of our marketing efforts
- Optimize utilization our Marketing department technologies to achieve goals
- Execute and recommend landing page, web page, social media, and email testing plans to optimize conversion performance
Contribute to SEO, UX and cross merchandising strategies for our website
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Serve as main point of contact and strategic partner to the Research leadership, Sales organization, Web Development, and Marketing Communication teams
- Provide direction for a team of Marketing Specialists on best practices for website, social media, paid advertising, and email optimization
- Recommend and train team members on best practice utilization of our Marketing Automation Platform (Eloqua) including but not limited to audience segmentation, behavioral targeting, and lead scoring to improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Provide data driven recommendations for improving our conversion, renewal, and lead generation efforts and guide overall Research Marketing communication strategy
Partner with the Web Development team to optimize webpages impacting digital campaigns
- Maintain industry knowledge across a diverse range of topics in marketing and assigned health care terrain
- Develop expertise in marketing best practices and share lessons learned with Research and Sales teams for renewal optimization and sales support, respectively.
Continuously hone digital marketing technology expertise across a wide array of automation and optimization software platforms including but not limited to Oracle –Eloqua, Sprinklr, Sitecore, Webtrends, Google Adwords, and Visual Optimization Manager
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years’ experience in product marketing, digital marketing, marketing management, marketing communications and/or other related marketing roles
- 3+ years’ experience of project and/or relationship management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and data manipulation), and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Experience delivering marketing campaigns using a marketing automation tool (Eloqua, Xactarget, Marketo, SalesForce, Adobe Campaigns or similar)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience using HTML coding to build webpages and emails
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data
- Experience using the principles of user experience and web optimization analytics improve website performance (Visual Website Optimizer or similar)
- Experience with Strategic, Content/Inbound, Email and Retention/Loyalty Marketing
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS) to update a website (Sitecore, Adobe, or similar)
- Confidence, patience, and flexibility in an evolving environment
- Strong communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Advisory Board, Digital Marketing, product marketing, marketing management, marketing communications, Washington, DC, CMS, Content Management System, Sitecore, Adobe