This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This individual contributor will be responsible for product marketing for the Wellness Coaching, Quit For Life, Real Appeal, and Renew Active businesses within the Prevention & Wellbeing business. This individual will be responsible for partnering with the business and sales teams that support the these Prevention program to understand current and future products, the competitive landscape for these products, and the unique needs that our sales teams have for this individual to create marketing materials that tell the Wellness Coaching, Quit For Life, Real Appeal, and Renew Active stories in a way that helps them to sell our products to more customers. This individual will also be on point for ensuring that the stories that Optum and Rally are telling are in sync.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Gathering competitive intelligence, understanding key competitors, and translating this knowledge into materials that assist our business and sales team’s partners to understand where Optum has competitive advantages and where we see competitive threats
- Developing the Messaging and Positioning Framework for the business. This document effectively captures the primary messaging that becomes a consistent theme in all Optum marketing materials
- Working closely with our business and sales teams to understand current and future products for sale in the marketplace and translate this information to sales materials that help our sales teams communicate effectively with current and prospective buyers. These sales materials include but are not limited to:
- Sales Presentations
- Sell Sheets
- Member Journey Maps
- White Papers
- Optum.com pages
- Content to drive thought leadership
- Sales conference support and materials
- Experience Center presentations and materials
- Working closely with our business and sales teams to understand current and future buyer needs and pain points
- Working closely with our business and sales teams to understand the sales pipeline and the needs that the business has to increase the sales of our products and solutions
- Working with partners across Optum including legal, compliance, consumer experience, as well as partners at UHC to understand the unique needs that all stakeholders have to deliver the highest quality marketing materials that support and enhance Optum’s image
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of B2B marketing experience within a matrix organization
- 3 years of content writing experience
- Proven experience in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proven experience demonstrating organization skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- Experience influencing and collaborating with others
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively via all mediums to all levels
- Live within commutable distance to the Eden Prairie office
- Previous experience with staff management
- Healthcare experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.