You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions -- solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(SM)
For this project, you will be a member of a 10+ person team that is charged with updating a very successful application to produce industry meeting renewal packages for the small business customers of UnitedHealthcare. Major upgrades include developing stronger customer defined edits and updates, new PDF rendering capabilities, new data interfaces, and performance related improvements.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- 6+ years of experience as a .NET Developer (C#)
- 2+ years of experience supporting Net new framework (.net core) and / or .Net 4.6 (supporting legacy, 4.0, 4.5) in a SQL Server environment (2012)
- 2+ years of experience with implementing and working with enterprise API’s, Rules Engines, WCF and / or REST Web services
- 2+ years of MVC 5+
- 6 months plus with any of the following:
- Telerik kendo ui
- Aspose component
- Experience in a healthcare projects
- Experience with PDF rendering tools
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: C#, .NET, o Telerik kendo ui, Aspose component, LINQ, AJAX , MSbuild, REST, API, MVC, Eden Prairie, MN