Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Rules development, enhancements, and projects for Overpayment Identifications in Claims Cost Management Team
- Recommend, design and implement solutions for complex Rule developments and small projects
- Conduct code reviews to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high quality standards
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize processes
- Identify data abnormalities that are or could have the ability to impact rule development and performance
- Proactively manage issues/risks and escalate them as needed in a timely manner
- Effectively collaborate with numerous technology and business teams across multiple locations
- Drive problem resolution and document root cause.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create and maintain support documentation
- Participate in development activities to help ensure quality deployments into production
- Work closely with stakeholders and business leaders to demonstrate the highest levels of customer service, communication, productivity, and professionalism
- Ability to work in a priority 1 critical application, fast-paced environment
- Maintenance of existing rules to drive maximum rule performance on output and efficiencies
- Weekly management reports outlining work completed and issues encountered
- Assist on client calls and serve as subject matter expert on all data fields, values, and adjustment logic
- Train and perform peer code review
- Lead special projects with little to no manager supervision or assistance
- Perform all quality assurance steps for new client implementations and file layout changes
- Extensive knowledge with more than one data set
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT Development
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Data Analyst
- 3+ years SQL Server development experience with designing data structures, building functions, stored procedures, indexes, triggers and performance tuning
- 2+ years of Visual Studio, C#, or other OO language
- 1+ years SSIS / SSRS
- 3+ Professional IT experience in a large, enterprise environment
- Health care industry experience
- Process Automation and/or Process Improvement experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, must be able to work well with teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to successfully communicate and present ideas to colleagues, clients and senior management
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.