The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This leadership role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. You’ll guide the development and support of Provider Networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Evaluate and negotiate large specialty contracts, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Forecast contract impacts to clients and PBM
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, score carding, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Develop and manage competitive network programs that achieve objectives for performance and adheres to regulatory requirements, trend management and appropriate distribution of providers while managing client expectations
- Understand and recommend deviations from standard contract language and rates
In this role, you will need to be able to thrive in a demanding, intense, fast-paced environment. In addition, you’ll be driving some complex negotiations while striving to ensure accuracy.
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 2+ years experience with provider contracting including development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- Undergraduate degree
- Specialty contracting or specialty pharmacy experience
- PBM or Pharmacy experience
Creating and fine tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It’s an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Irvine, CA, California