There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Provider networks across the health care system are becoming more efficient and effective everyday thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here's an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this consultative role, you'll ensure that healthcare contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You'll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It's challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Access
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That's the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare Economics, Network Pricing, Medical Economics, Healthcare Analyst, Financial Analyst, Sales Contracts Analyst, Pricing Consultant, SAS, SQL, Actuarial, Cypress, CA, California, Telecommute