DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Application Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent applications. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Humana is seeking an Application Architect that will be responsible for the internal architectural design of a single or set of assigned applications or systems, and for the design of the interfaces through which that application interacts with the rest of the enterprise. This person will help define and implement our Omni-Channel integration strategy to include building repeatable and scalable processes and tools that will ensure a consistent Omni channel delivery process. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their application into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. Additionally, this position includes building DEVOPS processes and incorporating effective integration of these processes into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. The Application Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines, as well as utilize common application design frameworks and design patterns in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Application Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their application to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Define current state Omni channel processes and collaborate with internal partners in creating a strategy and architecture to support Omni channel integration
- Define the current application and DEVOPS architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
- Refine and/or redesign application and DEVOPS architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign application/DEVOPS architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
- Ability to interpret and support security standards and protocols to create appropriate system designs
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 10+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
- Demonstrates technical curiosity, strategic thinking in design and implementation
- Ability to know your customer – build products, apps, design, with the customer in mind
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com Service Cloud
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, Mainframe, VB6, .Net, Java/Documentum, Telephony
- Experience in implementing / integrating omni-channel operations with contact center representatives
Scheduled Weekly Hours40